Thank you for thinking about supporting the Save the WILD Life Fund so it can continue its efforts for Princeton’s Class of 1971, the "WILD Life” Class.
SWLF's central missions are:
1. To make Major Reunions accessible to Classmates who need financial help to attend
2. To reduce the cost of 1971s Reunion Registration costs
3. To welcome back the great music from our college days to the Class of 1971 Reunions and to Princeton.
As you consider making a gift to SWLF, please know that:
- Between our 40th and 45th Reunions, more Classmates (more than 10% of the Class) gave more than ever before to SWLF.
- At our 45th, SWLF provided support to more Classmates directly and indirectly than ever before.
- Without SWLF support, registration fees for our 25th, 35th, 40th and 45th Reunions would have been $100 to $250 more per Classmate at each Reunion. Those experiences would have been far less memorable, and ‘71’s record-setting attendance figures could not have been achieved. That’s reason enough to thank our SWLF donors!
- And finally, no Princeton Class has brought more Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performers to its Reunions stage than 1971, thanks to SWLF – and its supporters.
We hope we can count on your support as we approach "the Really Big One” -- our 50th Reunion, scheduled for May 20-23, 2021. (And, it’s never too early to pencil this date into your calendar!)
SWLF continues to support Class efforts to
- Raise 1971 attendance at both Major and "off-year” Reunions
- Encourage participation at other Class events and
- Increase Annual Giving participation, while reducing costs for Classmates and their families.
SWLF needs your help to make these things possible -- one last time! Remember that the entertainment that has distinguished 1971 as one of the "Great Reunions Classes” is not part of 1971’s Reunions registration fees, but is separately supported by individual Class members through the SWLF.
We hope you will consider making a personal pledge for each of the remaining years between now and our 50th Reunion, for example: $71/year or $250/year or more.
If just a few dozen Classmates were to give the equivalent of $1, $5, $10 or $20 each week, this will translate into a meaningful difference in 1971’s 50th Reunion experience, as it has in year’s past. If 10% or more of you give (as you did in the run up to our 40th and 45th Reunions), those gifts would raise the quality of the entertainment and our attendance figures, as in past years.
Click here to learn about the proud history of the Save the Wild Life Fund.
3 WAYS TO DONATE TO SWLF:
- Make your check payable to "Princeton University, Class of 1971,” noting, "Save the Wild Life Fund” in the memo line. Send your check to Stu Rickerson, Founding Chair SWLF at P. O. Box 510, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92067-0510.
- If you prefer, enclose your check with your Class Dues payment. Click here to pay your Class Dues.
- You can also donate to SWLF online with PayPal via the Class website. LINK?
If you want to make a donation through a Qualifying Charitable Distribution (QCD), click here to learn more.
For more information or if you have any questions about SWLF or suggestions for what you’d like to see or support at our 50th Reunion, please contact me.
Founding Chair, SWLF